The grass is greener where you water it πŸŒ±

It does not matter if you are rich or poor, if you have all the things you have ever dreamed of or if you do not have anything at all – how you feel matters more than anything.

Being fullfilled and successful in life is not about what you have, what you can do or how much money you have – to me, being fullfilled and successful means way more than just mere possessions. To me, it means being happy, feeling good, enjoying life and loving being alive.

I have friends who go abroad on holiday several times every year, who also own beautiful new cars and have a lot of money – some of them are happy but some of them are really unhappy and depressed. What you have and what you own does not equal your amount of happiness in life. Sure, you can do a lot more if you have a lot of money – but how you feel is always an inside job and you can not fix how you truly feel by buying new and exciting things. Things only affect your emotional state in a shallow, short term manner, you have to do the inner work as well. The grass is always greener where you water it, and how you feel always depends on the thoughts you choose to think.

1. Simon
    May 31, 2019 @ 14:16:26

Wonderful thinking πŸ™‚

2. Renard Moreau
    May 31, 2019 @ 14:28:45

πŸ˜‰ Splendid advice!

3. hcmorris77
    May 31, 2019 @ 14:36:49

Love it!

4. Neeti Manon
    May 31, 2019 @ 14:46:29

Nice, one should continue fulfilling his dreams along with content in his heart.

5. macherie48
    May 31, 2019 @ 14:58:58

Powerful stuff and so very very true ☺️

6. live_a_life_less_ordinary
    May 31, 2019 @ 15:34:55

Yes. This.

7. Stories Project
    May 31, 2019 @ 16:18:54

Well said. I like the title a lot, and am going to commit this to memory.

8. davidjhopcroft
    May 31, 2019 @ 16:51:56

‘grass is greener’ if we nourish it and tend it, just like all relationships they will yield far more in terms of love if they are tended and cared for. There has to be a two-way process, where each nourishes the other. The big cars kind of makes me think of a man who goes out and buys a ridiculously large and expensive lawn mower but has no idea how to feed and nourish the lawn. Have a beautiful day and, I believe it is holiday time for you, so a beautiful holiday as well πŸ™‚

9. charlypriest
    May 31, 2019 @ 18:46:30

I honestly have to say I feel better when I have money, not fun at the end of the month to have no money for even food. But you are always welcome to live in my one cool 10 by ten suite I rent in the worst part of town and punching left and right with all my criminal friends and the rest that goes living there in a poor place. I feel better when I visit my parents to help my aging mother with her beautiful garden that she wants to sell the house hence I help her with the garden and moving things here and there, I feel better when they invite me to restaurants, I don’t remember the last time I spent money on going to the cinema so I would feel better if I could instead of worrying that those 20 bucks I spent in transportation, movie, coke and chips, should be saved for the next month, the list goes on, I just feel better with money, go figure.

10. Manoj Mehra
    May 31, 2019 @ 19:54:12

Very true. Happiness comes from inside.

Read my blog ‘Happiness’!

11. Gav
    May 31, 2019 @ 21:53:34

Lovely πŸ₯°πŸ™ŒπŸ»

12. Ancient Skies
    Jun 01, 2019 @ 00:19:21

Powerful insights.

13. gchan7127
    Jun 05, 2019 @ 05:13:50

Great post! I completely agree with you. ❀️ How we feel is the most important!