Solitude is as valuable to me as the very air I breathe

Solitude matters, and for some people it is the air they breathe.”

– Susan Cane

I feel the best when I am alone. I value my alone time so much, it feels like my entire being finds peace in those moments. Solitude is as valuable to me as the very air I breathe. Without it I would perish. I am hardly ever alone so when I get a few moments of being completely alone – I really enjoy it.

At work I am surrounded by my students and my co-workers at all times and at home I am surrounded by my two little babies and my boyfriend at all times πŸ˜‚. I love my job and I love my two little babies but I love my alone time just as much.

It is important to make time for things that replenishes your energy, daily. It doesn’t have to be big things, little things can be just as valuable. And we are all unique, and we all like different things so listen to your body and seek that which replenishes your energy.

1. jesusluvsall
    May 26, 2019 @ 18:36:45

I love my alone time too. πŸ™‚

2. Nameless
    May 26, 2019 @ 19:21:01

I completely agree yet most dont get it. I find it refreshing. There are many who can’t for whatever reason be alone. I’m comfortable with it and need that time.for my soul

3. map195
    May 26, 2019 @ 20:28:56

nice post

4. macherie48
    May 26, 2019 @ 20:34:41

Wow, I literally just said I have no plans for tomorrow and I appreciate it. Time alone, solitude ☺️

5. davidjhopcroft
    May 26, 2019 @ 20:42:32

Mine is the garden or long walks by the canal, especially in the early morning. I also appreciate there are others for whom being alone can be a fear and a challenge. Making use of alone time helps to overcome such fears πŸ™‚

6. menuchaprojekt
    May 26, 2019 @ 20:42:50

Solitude matters …
    Especially for introverted people.

7. Ancient Skies
    May 27, 2019 @ 02:30:10

In solitude there is healing and restoration.

8. M.C.M.
    May 27, 2019 @ 04:58:53

This is such a great reminder. Knowing this about yourself is a big step towards finding peace within yourself. Especially when we live in a culture that values “the hustle” over many other things.

9. msw blog
    May 27, 2019 @ 09:52:20

YESSS, a bit of solitude is essential for ones mental wellness. You and your readers may enjoy these post on solitude

10. brandib1977
    May 27, 2019 @ 12:11:07

I completely understand this. And I find that since I’m single- the more alone time I have, the more I want. It’s starting to look doubtful I’ll ever even date again at the rate I’m headed. Lol.

11. jhward220
    May 27, 2019 @ 14:36:19

I always love your writing and until today I didn’t really know as much about you. My ex-wife is a teacher and so is my son. there is a blog of yours I read and think it will stick with me a long time but I could ‘t find a way to comment on it. β€œWhy would a girl like you hate yourself?”It was very touching and my heart is sad for you and what all you’ve been through. I was wondering (not the city) but where you are from. I hope to know you better one day as a great friend.

12. benjaminlee
    May 27, 2019 @ 15:37:20

How much alone time did you get this week?