Too kind, too trusting and too forgiving? No, these are really beautiful personality traits πŸ™β€οΈ

Yesterday something happened that made me stop and think. I did something really kind for someone else, I helped a person who was in need and he became so grateful and happy. But afterwards it dawned on me – I did not think about my own security when I helped him. What had happened if he had wanted to hurt me? I was alone with this person for almost 30 minutes and I had forgotten to bring my phone and only one other person knew where I was and who I was with.

Of course I thought this person was kind, respectful and friendly… But I really don’t know this person. For me it came naturally. He was in need, asked for my help because he had no one who could help him right then and there. My first thought was of course I want to help you, I want things to go well for you – and it turned out great. I helped him and he succeeded.

Is there such a thing as being too kind, too trusting and too forgiving? My co-worker thinks I am too kind. Maybe she is right but I really don’t want to change who I am. I believe in the goodness in people. I believe everyone just wants to feel good at their core. If people hurt others, drink, take drugs, argue, rape, beat or take any other negative actions – I believe they do so because they are only acting out their own inner pain, their own misaligned energy. We are all good people on the inside at our core and I will always believe people can change if they want to. I forgive with all my heart because I don’t judge, I try to see the broader picture.

My kind heart has brought me so far in life and given me so much joy. And yes, I have also been in situations that were awful and that almost broke me. But I don’t believe my kind heart is to blame, I believe my kind heart is the reason why I have overcome and found my way back to happiness again.

So yes, while I probably should be more careful around people I don’t know, I will continue to believe in the goodness in others and their intention while at the same time listening to my own guidance.

1. Gottfried
    May 16, 2019 @ 05:27:41

Don’t stop believing. ❀

2. amnischaypatel
    May 16, 2019 @ 05:29:19

Nice

3. amnischaypatel
    May 16, 2019 @ 05:29:30

Can you follow me

4. lovelyseasonscomeandgo.wordpress.com
    May 16, 2019 @ 06:49:42

such an amazing post.

5. lovelyseasonscomeandgo.wordpress.com
    May 16, 2019 @ 06:50:13

I would love to reblog this with your permission.

6. Marie Rimmer
    May 16, 2019 @ 06:52:53

This is an inspiring post. Yes we can sometimes throw some things out the window for just a moment while in the middle of helping others, but we don’t have to let fear rule our minds.

7. MJ
    May 16, 2019 @ 07:13:13

I for a moment felt it was my life picture. Beautifully written!

8. macherie48
    May 16, 2019 @ 07:48:44

Do not change who you are. β˜ΊοΈπŸ’–

9. emergingfromthedarknight
    May 16, 2019 @ 08:15:07

I love who you are. I am the same. We are always told these kind of things. Just trust yourself and then you will know how to live. (a quote I don’t remember the author of.) Sending love and hugs…

10. Grounding Growth
    May 16, 2019 @ 10:43:24

I completely agree. Someone actually said to me yesterday “You need to stop giving people the benefit of the doubt.” I always listen to my intuition and trust my gut feeling about people so this post was very relatable!

11. The Wellbeing Blogger
    May 16, 2019 @ 10:56:40

Something similar happened to me once – I think we can unconsciously know when it’s the right time to help :)! If you like reading, you may like this book “Give and Take” by Adam Grant. It talks about this topic and I found it comforting! Keep the kindness alive πŸ˜‰

12. davidjhopcroft
    May 16, 2019 @ 11:52:16

Really this is a comment on the society that we live in, to have become so questioning and not trusting others. Somehow, the spreading of distrust seems to me to suffocate the love and caring that we can show to others. In the UK I have heard students talk of not wanting to ‘take the last bus’ in case they find themselves alone with a stranger. That fear, sadly, can sometimes be real. As a student, years ago, I had no concerns of being out late, and if someone asked for help you did not feel a need to question their motives. A thought provoking piece πŸ™‚

13. Solitaire
    May 16, 2019 @ 13:19:47

Do not stop being who you are! It’s a gift.

14. walkingthroughpsalms
    May 16, 2019 @ 18:24:01

Such a wonderful post! Thank you. Your positivity is why I followed you.

15. bklynboy59
    May 16, 2019 @ 18:26:04

I think your coworker may have a point while it is nice to be kind we don’t want to put ourselves in a dangerous situation that could lead to harm. Again being kind isn’t a crime and nor should you change who you are at your core just be acreful in certain situations

16. pick1solution
    May 16, 2019 @ 22:12:52

Nice and from the Heart. There are only two things that one should not be “too” about.

17. Jerry Brotherton
    May 17, 2019 @ 00:33:40

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

18. Trackback: Too kind, too trusting and too forgiving? No, these are really beautiful personality traits πŸ™β€οΈ β€” joypassiondesire | lovelyseasonscomeandgo
  19. A Plus Attitude
    May 18, 2019 @ 12:33:09

I think instinct kicks in under these situations and you knew deep in your heart that you were going to be okay helping this person.

20. Anmol Singh Jaggi