Can you forgive the one who hurt you?

Forgiving someone is an inside job. The one who hurt you might not even be sorry for what he did – he might even have a desire to hurt you again, but you can choose to forgive him unconditionally.

Why would you forgive him? Because, holding on to the resentment by not forgiving him will do you more damage then letting it go. Forgive him because you know everyone has goodness within them. Forgive him because it will bring you relief. Forgive him because you want to grow from this and become happy again.

So yes, you can forgive him. And no, it does not mean you have to see him again or like him – the forgiving part is for you, a step towards making peace with what ever happened and move on.

1. Rupali S Banerjee
    May 02, 2019 @ 15:45:44

The picture is so so so beautiful. So is your post. I know forgiveness is tough but is essential for both the persons to move on.

2. Marty
    May 02, 2019 @ 17:11:05

I took a different way
    Forgive him was hard for me but I did come to a conclusion
    I let my abuser take responsibility for his life and I took responsibility for mine
    I had to let judgments go and focus on my existence and responsibilities
    Maybe my dad, a narcissist did the best he could
    Me not judging him freed me

3. theacquiescentsoul
    May 02, 2019 @ 17:15:26

Forgiving someone allows your own soul to heal and reject bitterness.

4. Clever Girl
    May 02, 2019 @ 17:15:32

Yes. Forgiveness truly sets us free. Why is it so hard for people to forgive? Is it because many don’t understand that forgiveness is for them and not the person who hurt them?

5. Hilary Tan
    May 02, 2019 @ 17:55:58

Forgiveness is hard but it’s necessary in order to heal. I have anger towards some people/events so I blog as a way to cope with these emotions. Writing can be very therapeutic and it’s helped me make sense of my past.

6. walkingthroughpsalms
    May 02, 2019 @ 18:38:31

Wonderful, and absolutely true!

7. Yernasia Quorelios
    May 02, 2019 @ 22:35:15

◇ Only I “hurt” Me EveryOne; the Author of My 3DJourney is MySelf

…◇◇◇…

8. MJ
    May 03, 2019 @ 03:49:14

Relate!

9. ChangedLife365
    May 03, 2019 @ 07:40:05

This is amazing! I honestly think a part of it is about forgiving yourself. Forgive yourself for trusting them or for letting you hurt you so many times. Sometimes the resentment for other you hold is actually just the resentment for yourself. I feel like forgiving others is almost like a way to make them pay. But peacefully. They now have no way of holding you. Because now you have no feelings attached to them at all. No hate no love no nothing. And even if its not such a big thing forgiving others is a way to keep yourself more light more joyful. No one is perfect and it takes more energy to hate when you can love instead even if that means letting go 💫❤️😍💫

10. healthhotspot9
    May 03, 2019 @ 17:26:23

Powerful! 🙌🏻 I think that forgiveness is one of the most challenging skills we can learn — but the most important. Thank you for this message. 🙏

11. SumitOfficial
    May 03, 2019 @ 20:43:25

What an inspiring post. Thank you.

12. Jonathan Caswell
    May 03, 2019 @ 20:44:23

FOR MOST OF US…FORGIVING REQUIRES A HIGHER POWER TO HELP AND SHOW THE WAY!

13. Jonathan Caswell
    May 03, 2019 @ 20:46:38

Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    THIS IS WHERE GOD…CAN BE A BIG HELP! MOST OF US WANT TO KEEP THE GRUDGE MATCH GOING, NO MATTER HOW HEALTHY FORGIVING IS!

14. thereluctantpoet
    May 04, 2019 @ 01:18:13

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

15. Harbans
    May 04, 2019 @ 03:33:42

You are absolutely right. The hurt may be due to any reason under the sun, but it hurts the one who nurses that hurt. The one who has hurt us may be living just coyly without any feeling about it all. The alternative left with us is to let go and live on life as it was before we got hurt or even better than that because this ‘hurt’ has taught us a lesson. Regards.

16. Anna Waldherr
    May 27, 2019 @ 06:24:48

Forgiveness is a thorny issue. You have put the case very well. ❤

17. johncoyote
    Jun 04, 2019 @ 11:04:26

I agree. We need forgiveness. Regret and anger, heavy load to carry. My Ojibwa Grandmother told me often, ”I don’t hate the white people. Can’t hold on to hate, can’t keep the hate inside. Must seek forgiveness and never forget. Old hate will kill the good we can see.”