Don’t bend over backwards to please them – there is a better way

When you care so much about others that you bend over backwards in order to please them, you will eventually break down.

You cannot put your own wellbeing aside and just focus on keeping those around you satisfied. It will backfire.

If you already have broken down – how do you sooth yourself back into feeling better again? One of the first things to do is to stop the negative spiral – stop saying yes when your inner guidance says no. Dare to say no and respect yourself enough to set boundaries. Listen to your body, if it is tired – make time to rest. If you feel stressed out at work, go slower and face your challenges from the mindset that nothing matters more than how you feel. When you make how you feel your first priority, you will focus on your rest, your balance and what feels like relief to you first, and from that balanced state you will then deal with the challenges and people that come to you.

Not only will you feel better once you begin to practice this, you will also be of most value to those around you as well. A win, win situation.

1. walkingthroughpsalms
    Apr 24, 2019 @ 17:50:29

Powerful! Thank you!

2. Ashleyhouck
    Apr 24, 2019 @ 17:54:09

I’m sadly one of those people who has always done everything for everyone. I don’t expect anything in return. I’ve just always been that way. Even to people I just met. It’s stupid I know but it’s who I am. My goal this year was to stop being that way. To finally do for me. I started off strong and now I’m back to how it was before. Mostly because my sister just got a new building for her business so my niece was at my house every day for 8 to 10 hours. My mom just got hip replacement surgery so I am on call if she needs anything. I love being there for my family, but in doing so I have given up all my dreams and I even failed out of college for my husband so he could help his brother rebuild his house. It’s just one thing after another.

Apr 24, 2019 @ 18:01:59

Well, that might be how it is right now – but you can choose to put yourself and your needs higher up on your list of priorities. One small step at the time. It is natural to go back to the most practiced way of thinking and acting, so don’t be hard on yourself for going back to your old patterns. Be thankful that you are aware of it and acknowledge that you would like to choose differently and to feel better. Just one small step every day is enough. 🌼

3. righteousbruin9
    Apr 24, 2019 @ 17:58:00

I found this out, several years ago, and have practiced prioritizing, from my own needs, outward- family, community,then wider world. It just works so much better.

4. Hilary Tan
    Apr 24, 2019 @ 18:49:00

I have nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award because I think that you are very deserving of it! Your posts are very inspiring and uplifting! I have tagged you in my recent post where all of the info can be found there.🌞

5. Anna
    Apr 24, 2019 @ 18:54:56

Wise words! We can’t read them often enough. Thanks for the reminder!

6. lifewithlane14
    Apr 24, 2019 @ 22:00:16

This was great! Thank you

7. Chiru
    Apr 25, 2019 @ 07:37:02

Word of wisdom… that’s strong message…

8. healthhotspot9
    Apr 25, 2019 @ 14:15:00

Very wise! 😊

9. Nishita
    Apr 25, 2019 @ 17:51:34

Hey there, Will you like to collaborate with me for a post?

10. pick1solution
    Apr 25, 2019 @ 18:31:58

I love your new approach to your Blog. Sharing your feelings are an opened door to your life. Blessings to you and your family.

11. thereluctantpoet
    Apr 26, 2019 @ 02:51:58

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

12. MJ
    May 03, 2019 @ 03:54:59

I quit my unhappy job few months back. Exactly same feeling you described. Hope not to be in the similar situation again 🀞