Don’t be afraid of showing your beautiful body

You would never ask a flower to close its petals just because it is too beautiful or because it shines brighter than all the other flowers… You would never talk behind a flower’s back just because you think its colorful petals attracts too much attention… So why would you ever think derogatory thoughts about a woman who loves her body and likes to wear beautiful clothes?

There is nothing wrong with loving your body – quite the contrary! Most people spend their entire life hating their bodies, trying to change it, hide it, control it and make it fit in with the accepted way of looking according to society. Why??? To please others? To not attract too much attention? To not be picked on?

Have you ever seen a music video or a picture on instagram of famous pop-stars these days? Of Beyonce? Of Nicki Minaj? Of Ava Max? Of Miley Cyrus? Do they hide their bodies? No! Are they ashamed of their beautiful curves? No! Do they confirm to the accepted way of dressing, according to society at large? No! They let their clothes high-light their bodies’ beauty, sensuality and curves. Why is that accepted? Because she is famous!? Because it is a music video!? Because she is rich!? Because she has millions of followers!? Because she can sing!? So… if a person is famous it is ok to post very sexy pictures on their instagram account – but not if you are a regular, unfamous person? Then you are tacky, slutty and should be ashamed of yourself? Really? Do you see the pardox here?

Women should dress the way they feel comfortable in, the way they want to – and we all like different things!!! Some people feel comfortable in baggy clothes, others in tight clothes etc. Women should love their bodies and be proud of their unique bodies no matter what they look like! There is nothing wrong with wearing beautiful clothes or posting sexy pictures online, or uploading sexy music videos – whether you are a famous millionair or not should not set the standards for what you are allowed to wear, post and do! Other people’s opinions should not decide either – you should!

1. Ana Daksina
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 06:38:53

Reblogging this to my readers at sister site Timeless Wisdoms

2. Trackback: Don’t be afraid to show your beautiful body – Timeless Wisdoms
  3. The V Pub
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 10:41:10

I hope that no one said anything bad to you. Your photos were always beautiful 😍

4. Grounding Growth
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 11:31:50

SO true!!!

5. ashleyleia
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 11:37:57

If anyone judges a woman for her body or what she wears, they’re the one that has the problem, not the woman embracing her own form of self-expression.

6. healthhotspot9
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 11:57:04

Well said!

7. Hamed M. Dehongi
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 15:13:37

The women’s body is one of the most beautiful things in the world.

8. wateroflifeministries.wordpress.com
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 15:37:51

Love this post!!! Well done!

9. Amy
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 16:32:26

Well said! Thank you for sharing. οΌšοΌ‰

10. MOMENTS
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 16:47:13

Yes, we women (also men and trans) should be the ones to decide what to wear and what to show to others independently of whether we are famous or not. However, women are always at a disadvantage before men because there is the danger of being considered as pure sexual objects. Behind every female body there is a mind that thinks as Lana Del Rey sings: “will you still love me when I’m no longer beautiful” and ” will you still love me when I shine from words but not from beauty”. To me the inner soul of a person is more important than the body. As Cicero once said: β€œImago animi vultus est, indices oculi.” (the countenance is the portrait of the soul, and the eyes mark its intentions). If a person has a beautiful soul, this will appear externally on their faces and bodies. That, to me, is a thousand times more important than having a perfect body.

Apr 10, 2019 @ 16:49:54

Those were such beautiful words, thank you so much for sharing your valuable thoughts on this topic. πŸ™

• MOMENTS
        Apr 10, 2019 @ 16:55:26

You are welcome kindly. I also want to thank you for reading my poem. I really appreciate this. However, there is a much better writer than me, whom I strongly recommend you and all your followers. It is my friend Mario Savioni. His novel “Pickles and Tarts” (very short chapters, easy to read), is a story where 54-year-old Frank has been selected by 19-year-old Nicole through a dating site. Frank looks at Nicole’s photos on the site and is attracted to her beauty. Nicole tells him she has a boyfriend and is not interested in a romantic relationship. She adds: β€œIt’s fun to talk to different people sometimes.” The only apparent thing Frank and Nicole seem to have in common is their interest to write stories. Perhaps they want to meet just to write one together? Now Frank has already started to imagine this story, a story-within-the-main-story. “Pickles and Tarts” is a lovely story of illusion-delusion, dream-reality, non-conformist with the Capitalist system, reflective on love, sex, drugs, abuse, loneliness and human relationships in today’s world. It is profound and highly intriguing. I recommend chapters 11 and 12 that especially deal with sexual abuse, bullying and loneliness:

Apr 10, 2019 @ 16:57:52

🌹 I will look into it, thank you 🌹

• MOMENTS
        Apr 10, 2019 @ 16:58:19

πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž

11. SoulFullKate
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 20:53:00

I’ve had conversations about this with my mom. She tells me to not wear crop tops because I have a stomach. She doesn’t wear tank tops because she doesn’t like the way her arms look.
    I tell her she’s beautiful and people don’t care if she has “jiggly arms” and the people who matter most to me already know I have a stomach.
    It’s sad but true that our society passes judgement on people based on their clothes, however, I’ve also let my stomach lose during summer when I decided to wear a two piece swimsuit and nobody said anything to me.
    Other than my friends whom told me I rocked the suit.
    I don’t dress for others. I dress for myself.
    But, being a bigger girl means I’ve had people tell me how I should dress and that sadly does affect me at times.

12. pick1solution
    Apr 11, 2019 @ 22:38:27

My opinion is that all women have much to share. The problem begins when the viewer begins to judge the presentation. I enjoy all of it.

13. A. Shepherdson
    Apr 15, 2019 @ 21:47:31

I’m afraid mortally offended keyboard warriors have put paid to people showing their bodies or wearing sexy clothes, last summer I saw a lady age 60+ walking through Oxford wearing a white tee shirt and no bra! She was a ‘big’ girl πŸ˜‰ and looked utterly divine.

14. SumitOfficial