Love and honor your body – an inside job πŸ™β€

One of the most important things you can do is learning to love yourself, unconditionally. No matter what you look like or how you have felt about yourself up until this moment – you can learn to love yourself.

Even if you have spent your entire life hating yourself, you can change your thinking and you can begin to love yourself now.

No one who thinks hurtful thoughts about their own body truly feels good within. All it takes is a decision, a decision that you no longer want to hate yourself. A decision that you truly want to feel better. Then, practice shifting your thinking every day. Not just about yourself and about your body, but about all things! It is a lot easier to begin looking for things you appreciate and things you like in other things, situations and other people than with yourself – so begin with the easier things! Once you have practiced a kind, loving attitude of appreciation relative to others, you will automatically begin to see yourself in a new light. It takes time, it takes practice and above all, it takes a willingness to feel better. But you can do it.

I spent the first 25 years of my life hating myself and my body. Then I decided I didn’t want to hate myself anymore, I didn’t want to feel so awful within. So, little by little I began shifting my way of thinking, and little by little I aquired a new way of looking at everything and everyone around me. Once I had reached this point, I began looking at myself with new eyes. It took time. It took practice. It wasn’t easy, but I did it. Now, 10 years later I truly love and honor myself no matter what other people choose to think, say and do to me. Loving yourself is an inside job.

1. Nawfal
    Mar 31, 2019 @ 10:59:15

Very useful post, thank you! A somewhat difficult task sometimes, to love yourself, it too probably takes some practice. On a different topic: how long can you stand on your hands before you get super dizzy? Just curious.

2. Jonathan
    Mar 31, 2019 @ 11:33:13

You have the most positive outlook of anybody I follow. Thank-you. Thank-you for being you.

3. Stay Alive
    Mar 31, 2019 @ 12:39:29

Truer words have never been spoken. Although I’m an year late but I’m starting this practice at 26 πŸ˜‹
    More power to you 😊

4. Jim
    Mar 31, 2019 @ 16:03:20

I think I’d get hurt if I tried that. I will just look at you doing it and marvel. πŸ™‚

5. ortensia
    Mar 31, 2019 @ 18:23:38

Great post and by experience I can only say very true, if only I had reached that self awareness sooner!

6. EjiBron
    Apr 01, 2019 @ 00:02:17

Nice post, but i must say, if that’s you in the image, then you are wrong to have felt bad about yourself.

7. Jonathan Caswell
    Apr 01, 2019 @ 05:29:58

Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    BUT I CAN’T DO THAT POSITION—NEVER COULD—EVEN IN STRIPED SOCKS!!!! BUT I GET THE POINT!

8. bigskybuckeye
    Apr 01, 2019 @ 20:52:28

Your positive spirit shines from your words. You are a wonderful example for others to look up to. Congratulations on how you have turned your life around. Thanks be to God!

9. Trackback: Strenght – Fail