Don’t give up, even the darkest of moments will pass πŸ’–

The past years have been rather dark for me, not as pitch-dark as the first 24 years of my life, but still. Each new day is a step in the right direction.

Never give up, no matter how hopeless and dark your life might currently seem to be – it will pass. In the meantime, distract yourself as best you can. Reach for things that make you feel better and allow yourself to be soothed. For me it is delicious food, music, massage, sex, working out and trying on clothes that make me feel better. These things make me feel better temporarily, while I work on my thinking at the same time – one small step at a time. I will never give up. πŸ’–

1. thealvarezchronicles
    Jul 12, 2018 @ 18:06:48

I’ve only followed you for a little bit, but darkness is the last thing I sense from you. I hope you continue to move in the right direction! – Robert

2. untilthesolstice
    Jul 12, 2018 @ 18:16:49

Well you make a good distraction:) I’m glad you are able to find happiness despite the struggles!

3. Eric
    Jul 12, 2018 @ 18:46:12

Your posts continue to encourage. I cannot fathom the darkness you have experienced, knowing what little of your story I’ve read, and I am certain that my own darkness is incomparable. But your posts are always so uplifting. I know I’ve said it before, but you are incomparably beautiful. Its a little warm in here πŸ˜›

4. Didis Art Design
    Jul 12, 2018 @ 19:01:00

Yes, dear friend, to leave the past behind and orientate towards the positives sides of life.
    Have a great time, my friend
    Didi

5. Raymond Hogue (Booey)
    Jul 12, 2018 @ 19:58:02

Hi sweetheart. I know what you mean by “darkness” – I go in and out of it. Here’s a song I wrote as a reminder to myself. I hope it might be beneficial to you too. Much Love! ❀ ❀ ❀

6. rebel4universal2acceptance
    Jul 13, 2018 @ 01:49:24

I am doing my best. I keep writing when I feel the world is not reading; I keep talking, giving of myself who I am to others. I reach out when all hope seems lost and in it often find faith from those I never thought possible.

7. Nishita13
    Jul 14, 2018 @ 10:57:56

Namaste!
    This post made me smile.And more to it- it motivated me.
    Thankyou for visiting my blog and liking my work πŸ˜€
    Sending to you positive energy. ❀

8. stylestomakeyousmile
    Jul 15, 2018 @ 02:24:40

Great message! I too find that distracting myself works, and realizing I can let the little and big things go, it just takes wanting to let them go that matters most.

9. Davey Stone
    Jul 16, 2018 @ 15:10:15

it’s nice to meet you! I love this post!! πŸ™‚