I forgive you

1. myaspiehubby
    Jul 02, 2018 @ 15:27:14

I still can’t forgive my father for being a jerk for my mom, my brother and me. I have not met him again since I was 12 or 13, and I hope I will never meet him again (I am really okay without him, my life is was much better without him). He was not only a horrible person, he was a horrible father. Ummm, maybe I can totally forgive him someday, but that does not mean I want him to be in my life. My mother was a very intelligent person, but she was not so smart at choosing a husband (that is just my honest opinion). Some people have told me to forgive my father for abandoning us, but they don’t know how horrible my father was/is. They can’t even imagine what damages he had done to us (to my mom, my brother and me). I really hate my father.

Jul 02, 2018 @ 17:35:21

That is the first step towards forgiveness- well done. You are right in your anger, but it only does you harm internally to stay in that hatred.

My father was an alcoholic, I was sexually abused by several older boys when I was 6 years old, I was bullied in school, had reading and writing difficulties, got anorexia when I was around 8-9 years old, was raped by two guys when I was 17, ran away from home two weeks after that, was physically and mentally abused for almost two years by my boyfriend (when I was 17-19 years old) and had to go to trial twice before he ended up in jail, my parents died, I had an abortion and the man of my dreams cheated on me. πŸ˜‚ need I go on? I hated myself and life for almost 30 years before I began improving my thinking about me, everyone that had ever hurt me and life. I managed to turn my thinking around and today I feel nothing but appreciation for everyone that ever hurt me and everything that happened to me – because it all inspired me to become the woman I am today. Strong, free, happy, confident and empowered. If I can do it, anyone can.

• myaspiehubby
        Jul 02, 2018 @ 19:48:44

I do hope someday I can stop hating my father. I have tried many times, but it is not easy (I am just glad he is not in my life – I stay away from him on purpose, I am thousands of miles away from home, otherwise he will try to rip me off or steal from me – it’s not like he has never robbed us before, literally, grrr, he is really an *sshole with no brain whatsoever). Sometimes I think my father is either a psychopath or a sociopath (umm…something like that). I really salute you and adore your personality. You have been through a lot of things, more than what I have been through, but you are so strong, smart and you have a beautiful heart. You are really an inspiration. I should learn from you. Thank you for your kind words. ❀

Jul 02, 2018 @ 19:50:59

It is ok, you are doing great. I had it easy because my parents died, I dont have to be surrounded by all that negativity. It was a lot easier to let go and learn to love unconditionally when they were gone. ❀

• myaspiehubby
        Jul 02, 2018 @ 20:01:38

I don’t know if my father is still alive or not, I have never met him again ever since he robbed us (I think I was 12 or 13 years old). But I don’t wanna find out anything about him. I really don’t wanna have anything to do with him anymore. I don’t even care if he has changed to be better or not, I don’t expect that from him. One thing that makes me more angry at him is, when my mother got a cancer, he never visited my mother and he did not come to her funeral. Umm, anyway, sorry for the many bad stories. I love to read your posts because your posts are so inspiring. I do hope I will find my absolute inner peace someday. Thank you so much again. Have a good evening. ❀

Jul 02, 2018 @ 20:05:59

I know – when my mom got cancer and was in bed, my father drank more than ever and threw up on the floor and acted like a fucking idiot as always. I hated him sooooo much. But… when my mom died I found it a bit more easier to love my father… even though he continued to drink more than ever and my last words to him the night before he died was ” you are drunk again, I hate you”. I had so much rage and anger in my heart for him… but eventually I let it go.

• myaspiehubby
        Jul 02, 2018 @ 20:10:03

I am sorry about your mother. But your last words to your father were justified (I am glad you said that to him). You are really a hero. ❀

Jul 02, 2018 @ 20:34:02