No sleep when it is full moon?

It has rained a lot today but we still went out to the park and played for a while before lunch. The rest of the day we spent inside, except for two hours during the afternoon when I went out to meet a friend. We went to a cafe close by and had some sweet treats. ❀

My babies had an awesome time while I was gone:

And they were extremely happy to see me when I got back home.

It is 11pm here now and I just can’t sleep. I have too much energy within me, it is impossible to relax. The last few days have been like this, I have been unable to relax and fall asleep until 2-3 am. Could it be because of the lunar cycle? I have no idea.

I have always been like this. A few days every month I just can’t fall asleep. Sometimes I remain awake for 2 days straight, without any sleep. But I still have lots to energy during the days so I guess some people just don’t have to sleep that much. And, I love the dark, quiet me-time I am getting during the nights. So peaceful.

• Do you have trouble falling asleep sometimes?

1. gogwit
    Apr 30, 2018 @ 22:19:38

I know that I have slept best when I am settled and content. When perturbed I sleep little, this used to vex me but now I just go with what my body wants.
    As for the lunar effect, I’ve never thought to observe this; something to look into!

2. RomeoRose
    Apr 30, 2018 @ 22:25:11

I’m the same. Never fails.

3. Peak Life
    Apr 30, 2018 @ 23:34:59

Currently experiencing my worse bout of sleep loss. I love living in a hot climate and hate to be cold but I sleep best in the cold. Not too cold. I guess the most important thing is to be rested. As long as you’re not feeling tired I’m surprised with young children.

4. Something About Maura
    May 01, 2018 @ 00:22:24

I rarely have a hard time falling asleep but there have been times in the past where it seemed impossible to sleep for more than 3-4 hours. Now I’m in a new phase, which I am pretty sure is related to the end stages of menopause. Bittersweet. Lots of sleep to be sure but at this point due to extra cushioning in places there was already an abundance, I’d probably opt for the insomnia. Enjoy your free time. πŸ™‚

5. Tony Burgess
    May 01, 2018 @ 01:39:52

I slept well last night but sometimes I have a hard time staying asleep.

6. windsofchange18
    May 01, 2018 @ 04:34:04

I go through that several times a month where I can’t fall asleep until 2 or more . I think it could be the help of the lunar effect. Or a possibly stress .

May 01, 2018 @ 05:49:25

I believe the lunar cycle affects me and my sleep – I will take notice next time I can’t fall asleep and see if the timing is the same then.

Thank you for sharing, yes stress can probably also affect sleep. 🌸

7. Spiritual Fruit In Our Society
    May 01, 2018 @ 05:48:12

Well, at least you are up and doing something meaningful…selfies! πŸ™‚

8. Tanya Kohl
    May 02, 2018 @ 20:11:53

This happens to me around the full moon. Years ago, it threw me for a loop every time it happened. Then I started noticing it happened every full moon. No I know it’s coming, though I still forget sometimes.