Why should I think good thoughts about those evil people?

The person that needs to do something is not that person. The person that needs to do something is you! Some of those people in your life do not deserve your good thoughts. In other words, “They are bad. They are evil. They are wrong! They are inappropriate. They do not deserve your good thoughts,” and you stubbornly are not going to give them any. They may not deserve your good thoughts. But you do. You deserve your good thoughts about them. This is what the Art of Allowing is. It’s allowing my own Well-being.”

Abraham Hicks

1. Simon
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 10:43:45

I think we have to or we get consumed with evil thoughts πŸ™‚

2. sheldonk2014
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 12:19:21

Allowing my own well being,so true
    Good cup of coffee
    Wait up call
    Thanx

3. Shobha Iyer
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 12:32:32

It’s allowing my own Well-being.”…
    This line made me think again…. Why should I always think good about the evil people; God doesnt do them any harm !!! Why ??

4. Patty Richardson
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 15:00:34

So true!!!!

5. charlypriest
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 15:12:23

I must be real weird, because I found out along time ago that what others, think or say about me it doesn’t affect me at all. I don’t even give it a second of my thoughts. I’m weird me, and that’s that. Some like it others don’t, others laugh, and I keep on with my life. There is a good saying by Einstein that “don’t attach your goals to people but to objectives” .

6. @vapor_sage
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 15:18:27

It’s like taking poison and hoping somebody else dies. Much better to say a little prayer for them and be grateful for your blessings and whish some upon them, they are clearly less fortunate

7. Nina Alexis
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 17:27:50

To me, the only good thought about bad people is to forgive them but never forget.The action to heal the mental pain from the way they hurt you is to let go. Letting go of that person maybe hard at first but it’s better to hold onto your sanity than someone’s madness.

8. windsofchange18
    Apr 03, 2018 @ 01:58:12

I know I understand it ….But it’s so hard to do ….

9. righteousbruin9
    Apr 18, 2018 @ 14:33:40

I have to think good thoughts, on the chance that they might change, but also so that I don’t change into someone like them.