It has been 16 years since my mother died and 10 years since my father died ❤

It just struck me that in September this year it has been 16 years since my mother died. And it has been 10 years since my father died. It feels like another lifetime.

I still miss them and I love them more now than ever before. ❤

1. Joseph Emerson
    Mar 16, 2018 @ 21:48:03

I’m sorry… 😕

2. Gary
    Mar 16, 2018 @ 21:50:07

I feel for you. My parents are very old now, in facts I am visiting them now. They live in Brisbane and I live in Canberra so I fly to see them every couple of months and spend a weekend.
    I hope your memories of your Mum remain strong and loving forever.

3. missejjessim
    Mar 16, 2018 @ 21:57:46

Sending you lots of love and positive energy. Know that her energy and love are with you.

4. Kathleen Kerswig, LUT
    Mar 16, 2018 @ 21:59:50

My mom passed in 2002 and I still find myself going to call her sometimes. You are not alone, friend. Our moms are always in our hearts. ~ Blessings, KK

Mar 16, 2018 @ 22:06:42

🌹🌹🌹 Thank you for sharing this with me. Yes, our mothers died the same year. My father died only a couple of years after that. I will always miss them but I will always feel love and appreciation for what happened as well. All is well. 🌹🌹🌹

5. pvcann
    Mar 17, 2018 @ 10:02:33

Yes, I have that sense of time somehow being different when I think of my father who died some years ago.

6. myaspiehubby
    Mar 17, 2018 @ 10:34:40

I feel you. My mother passed away more than 15 years ago. ❤ ❤ ❤

7. scifihammy
    Mar 17, 2018 @ 17:41:32

It’s the same for me, 10 years since my Mum died and 23 since my Dad died. It does strike you now and then and there are still things I think, Oh I’ll share that with Mum or Dad . . .
    I’m sure your parents would have doted on your lovely children. 🙂

8. John W. Howell
    Mar 17, 2018 @ 20:16:21

Mine are gone as well. They say you never become an adult until your parents pass. Thanks for sharing.

9. PracticePeace
    Mar 17, 2018 @ 23:03:36

It’s awesome that you found healing from your past. It’s a great feeling to be able to say you hold no grudges and really mean it. So many people say it but are fake and still harbor the ill feelings. Most people don’t get it when I tell them I wish my ex (who is an alcoholic and was physically abusive) the best and that he really is a good man. He just had a lot of demons he was battling and I was an easy target.

Mar 18, 2018 @ 06:51:55

It is true, and it feels so good. That is why I love writing here on my blog and inspiring other people who are also going through difficulties. I want them to feel that no matter what you have been through or how difficult it might seem at the moment – you can improve how you feel and because of that, you can improve your entire life

If i could do it, anyone can do it. ❤

10. La Belle Rachelle
    Mar 18, 2018 @ 10:23:56

Me too. Mum 17 years ago in June, Dad 11 years ago in May. it teaches you a lot, but in a hard way, especially when you are mothering yourself. Go, lady, keep on keeping on x.

Mar 18, 2018 @ 12:00:34

Thank you for sharing 🌹 I grew up with an alcoholic father and I ran away from home when I was 17 (one year before my mother died) so I have learned to be my own parent as well. It is a blessing to be able to look back with nothing but love in my heart. 🌹

11. righteousbruin9
    Mar 20, 2018 @ 05:44:22

The loved ones of our life never truly leave us. My wife went away, 7 years ago on March 5 and my youngest brother, 24 years ago, on March 17. Dad will be gone 32 years, in June.